Please find below the call for abstracts for the International Sociological Association World Congress, July 2018 in Toronto, where our thematic group TG07 Senses & Society is organizing 9 panels and a business meeting.
The deadline for abstract submission is 30th September 2017.
Abstract submission – https://isaconf.confex.com/isaconf/wc2018/webprogrampreliminary/Symposium436.html
Panels organized by TG07 Senses and Society (ISA)
– Drugs and the Senses in Popular Culture : An Ambiguous Relationship.
– Fluid Borders: Sensory Interactions in the Arts
– Future-Making and the Senses
– Sensory Journeys: Foodscapes of Movement and Belonging for Difficult Times
– The Politics of Sensation: Technology, Measurement, Quantification
– Towards De-Sensing? a Speculation on Digital Immersion and the Implications for Ethical Action.
– Who’s Afraid of the Synesthetic? Exploring New Directions in Sensory Visual Ethnography
– “Urban Sensescapes”: Sensory Excursions in the City
TG07 Senses and Society (ISA)
Leave a Reply