Online and on-site at Framer Framed, Amsterdam. Tuesday 30 November 2021, 12.00-19.30
On 30 November, Framed Framed will host a hybrid symposium, co-organised by Colin Sterling (University of Amsterdam School for Heritage, Memory and Material Culture) and Blake Ewing (University of Oxford). The event aims to ‘take stock’ of Anthropocene related projects in the museum sector over the past decade and begin to sketch out the contribution museums might make to a post-Anthropocene world.
Further details can be found here:
The event will conclude with a keynote panel featuring Dipesh Chakrabarty (University of Chicago), Chiara de Cesari (University of Amsterdam) and Scott Wing (Smithsonian Institution).
Online and on-site speakers throughout the day will include:
- Bergit Arends, Courtauld Institute of Art, University of London
- Giulia Bellinetti, Jan Van Eyck Academie & University of Amsterdam
- Christian Ernsten, Maastricht University
- Christina Fredengren, Stockholm University & Uppsala University
- Rania Ghosn & El Hadi Jezairy, DESIGN EARTH
- Walter Lowande, Federal University of Alfenas, Minas Gerais
- Bridget McKenzie, Climate Museum UK
- Dean Sully, UCL Institute of Archaeology
- Bergsveinn Þórsson, University of Oslo
- Zofia Trafas White, V&A
- Line Vestergaard Knudsen, Aalborg University & Lotte Isager, University of Copenhagen
A detailed programme will be announced soon.
The event is free and in English.
Register here to attend online or in-person.